Make May 1st-7th the Healthiest Week of Your Year!
Mark your calendars! May 1st-7th is going to be the healthiest week of the year in Texas.
Healthy Texas Week, presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas, is a week-long celebration of healthy living and healthy communities in the Lone Star State. Throughout the week, we want you to Shop for healthy items, Sweat by getting physically active, and Share pictures and videos of your healthy activities on social media with the hashtag #HealthyTexasWeek!
On each of the seven days, one lucky Texan who shares on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with the hashtag will win an awesome, healthy prize!
If you participated in the 2017 Community Challenge, you understand the importance of motivating your friends and family to get active and eat healthier. It’s amazing what we can do as communities over three months, and imagine what we can do if we engage the entire state of Texas for one week!
Healthy Texas Week is about much more than taking photos and winning prizes. It’s about recognizing the importance of health and motivating the people we love to get moving, too! From May 1st through May 7th, we will Shop healthier, Sweat more, and Share our commitment. Together, we can inspire millions of Texans to lead healthier lives and build healthier habits.
You can make Healthy Texas Week a success by spreading the word to your friends, family, coworkers, and neighbors in advance. Let them know how easy it is to commit to the healthiest week of their year!
If you’re just as excited about Healthy Texas Week as we are, plan your activities ahead of time and invite a group to join you! Here are some ideas:
- Search for local parks where you can go with family or friends to get active, and plan a healthy outdoor activity like swimming, frisbee, flag football, kickball, or a wiffle ball game!
- Check local community calendars and events websites for any healthy events already going on during Healthy Texas Week.
- Make a healthy grocery list in advance and plan to shop for healthy foods at a local farmer’s market.
- Host a healthy potluck or dinner party with family and/or friends. Set a date and send out invitations so everyone can participate!
- Find a community garden where you can volunteer during Healthy Texas Week, or plan to clean up a local park or trail.
- Create your own healthy garden! Shop for a favorite fruit, veggie, or herbs to plant at home.
- Break a sweat with our friends at Camp Gladiator! They are offering a FREE week for all Texans. Download the voucher and bring it to a CG Camp near you!
Have other ideas or suggestions? We’d love to know what you’re planning! Share them with us on social media with #HealthyTexasWeek.