How to Change Your Life and Your Habits When Life Is Busy
Life can get seriously crazy, right? It’s easy for our healthy routines to go MIA when work, family, and other commitments are all competing for our attention. Even when it feels like there’s no time left in the day, there are some awesome ways to keep health on your radar, and It’s Time Texas is here to help. Here are some sustainable ways to incorporate health and wellness into your busy schedule.
- Embrace Micro-Moments of Activity: Alright, so a full workout might feel like a distant dream. But guess what? Those mini dance breaks, a quick walk, or even a short workout video can add up big time. Texas Health and Human Services found that three 10-minute activity sessions can make a difference to your well-being. And, if you’re looking for guidance and support, don’t forget about It’s Time Texas’s free virtual exercise and nutrition classes—accessible to all Texans, no matter your fitness level!
- Master the Art of Meal Prep: Tired of fast food stealing the show on your busiest days? Meal prep’s your significant change, and It’s Time Texas is here to support you. Texas Department of State Health Services is all about it. Try to prepare some nutritious meals in advance, and you’re ready to tackle whatever the day throws your way. Plus, It’s Time Texas offers resources to help you make smart choices and even offers free telehealth coaching to keep you on track.
- Practice Mindful Time Management: Stress is that unwanted guest who keeps showing up. But we’ve got the secret sauce—mindfulness. The pros at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggest you take charge of your time. Prioritize tasks, breathe deep, and throw in some “you” time for good measure. If you need some expert guidance on managing stress and finding balance, It’s Time Texas’s resources and telehealth coaching are here to support you.
- Choose Active Transportation: Ever thought about trading your car keys for some comfy sneakers? Walking or biking to your destination is a win-win. You check off your to-do list and sneak in some exercise. And when you need that extra boost, don’t forget about Stronger Texas’s virtual classes—they’re here to keep you moving, even on your busiest days.
- Set Realistic Goals: We’re all about keeping it real. The Texas Health and Human Services Commission says, start small and think doable. Little changes that fit into your schedule? That’s the way to go. And if you’re unsure where to start or need some guidance, It’s Time Texas’s toolkit of resources and telehealth coaching are designed to make your health journey attainable and enjoyable.
- Utilize the Power of Social Support: Why go solo on the health journey? Bring your friends, family, or colleagues along. Having a crew cheering you on can make even the toughest days feel like a breeze. And if you’re looking to build a supportive community, It’s Time Texas’s initiatives and events, like the Healthier Texas Summit, bring like-minded people together to inspire positive changes.
- Get Quality Sleep: Who doesn’t love a good night’s sleep? According to the Texas Department of State Health Services, it’s a serious significant change for your health. Prioritize getting some quality sleep to energize you for your day.
- Team Up and Work Together: Everyone needs help sometimes. Delegate tasks and tag-team with your friends, family or co-workers. Sharing the load at home or work means you have more time for self-care. And if you need help to find that balance, It’s Time Texas’s resources and coaching are here to help you manage your responsibilities while making time for yourself.
- Celebrate Progress, Not Perfection: News flash: nobody’s perfect. We’re all about progress, and the journey’s where the magic happens. Celebrate your wins, no matter how small, and keep rocking it. And when you need that extra boost, the It’s Time Texas community and resources are here to cheer you on and keep you motivated.
- Take Breaks for Mental Recharge: Working like a machine isn’t sustainable. Schedule little breaks for yourself. A quick stretch, a stroll, or just a moment of chill—your mind will thank you. And if you’re looking for more tips on managing stress and enhancing your well-being, It’s Time Texas’s toolkits and coaching are at your service.
It’s time to make room for some wellness routines in your busy day with the help of It’s Time Texas. But wait, there’s more! Stay tuned for our next blog, where we’ll dive into how parents can make time for health and wellness even when time and energy is limited.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission
- Texas Department of State Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention